Thursday, January 14, 2010

Male book bloggers

It might be that I'm not connected well enough yet, or that I haven't looked hard enough, or I need to broaden my range but I cannot for the life of me find a male blogger who writes about books. Forgive me if I'm completely wrong but is reviewing books on an online web log considered girly? I was under the impression that in the real world of magazines and newspaper articles that there were plenty of men writing about and reviewing books.

I was pondering this intense thought (which I am probably wrong about) and it dawned on me that I have a fairly healthy dose of readers who, fairly often, leave me comments. I decided to use this opportunity to kill 3 birds with one stone. I'm potentially networking, I'm writing a blog post for today, and I'm encouraging my readers to comment on my posts just a Scosh more.

So, back to the point.

Do you know of any male reviewers (preferably in the fantasy/sci-fi genres of books) who write their reviews on their blog?

I'm tenderly dipping my toe into the waters of book reviewing and blogging, so far the water is warm but let's see if I swim past any cold spots?

Keep on reading!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Reviewing books on a blog isn't girly (at least not in my opinion), but there is definitely a trend with more girls than guys.

Doug @ SciFiGuy is a really well known blogger. He's both a guy (if you couldn't tell) and reads the genre you're interested in. There's also Chase @ The Bibliophile's Lounge. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. They do exist, but they can be a little hard to find. Hope this helped! :)

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain